To avail any government service in India one needs to visit Services section at National Portal of India and select the service and the state in which services are required. For example if one has to apply for SC/BC Caste Certificate in the State of Punjab then search for the same at National Portal of India and it will take you to the desired linking page.
Once you are directed to the Punjab State Government site at the proper link then follow the following procedures provided there on the link:
- On the State Portal of Punjab, click on Citizen Login link
- If you are a New User, Click on New User to make profile or else Login with your userID and password.
- If logging in for the first time then update your profile before proceeding further.
- Click on Fresh Application link in the left menu.
- On the next page all services by all departments will be listed. Chose the proper service and department to apply.
- If you wish to apply online then go to alternative number 2 and click on "Click here to fill the application online".
- Fill the form and Submit online.
- Click "View saved Application" and Upload supporting documents as below:
- Scanned Copy of Proof of Residence is mandatory
- Scanned Copy of Verification Leaf from Sarpanch/Patwari/EO of MC/Municipal Counselor of the Ward is mandatory
- Scanned copy of proof of age is mandatory
- Scanned copy of ration card is mandatory
- Scanned Copy of Self Declaration Form/Affidavit.
- Any Other document is optional
- Applicant's name, address and relationship with beneficiary.
- Beneficiary Details along with DOB, Father and Mother's name, address with PIN-Code.
- Marital Status of beneficiary and name of spouse.
- Email ID, Voter ID, Aaadhar UID, Contact Mobile Number is mandatory.
- Religion and Caste of the beneficiary.
- Verification Number from Sarpanch/Patwari/EO of MC/Municipal Counselor of the Ward.