Are you discarding your old mobile number or SIM card without thinking and applying your mind? If you are doing so you might be inviting a lot of problems as you might have provided the mobile number to variety of service provider. In case of Aadhaar Card discarding mobile number without updating the new mobile number will add to your woes as in that case you will have to personally visit aadhar kendras for fresh biometric verification. You will not be able to get the following aadhaar based services in case you discard or lose your old mobile number:
- Access to your Free DigiLocker provided by Government of India.
- You will not be able to check your Aadhaar Card Status online
- You will not be able to download your e-Aadhaar anywhere, anytime 24x7x365
- Update Name, Gender, DOB, Address and New Mobile Number online without visiting the Aadhaar Kendras personally and going through reverification of biometrics like fingerprints and eyes impressions.
- Linking of aadhaar card with PAN, Voter Card, LPG Subsidy etc. Linking with PAN is equivalent to digitally signing your online income tax return.
Think before you discard your old Mobile Number or SIM !