Exchange 500 and 1000 notes at Samadhan Kender
Government of India vide its notification on exchange of old currency notes of 500 and 1000 rupees stopped the exchange facility throughout India. But Samadhan Kender is encouraging the public in general to deposit old currency notes of Rs.500 and Rs.1000 and get back the new currency immediately in denomination of Rs.500, Rs.100, Rs.50, Rs.20 or Rs.10 as per availability. Public can visit the Samadhan Kender along with the following documents:
- Customer should tell the name of the Bank with which he or she is maintaining the Bank Account which is properly linked with either Aadhaar Card or PAN Card.
- Customer should bring the original Aadhaar Card.
- Customers can deposit the old currency notes of any denomination in their account maintained with Indian Commercial Bank up to limit of Rs.2500 per day per account per customer.
- Customers can also withdraw any amount up to Rs.2500 per day per customer per account subject to weekly ceiling of Rs.24000 from such accounts.
- Through the above process the customers can virtually exchange their old currency of Rs.500 and Rs.1000 up to weekly ceiling of Rs.24000 subject to availability of cash at State Bank of India - Customer Service Point being run at Samadhan Kender through Aadhaar Enabled Payment System popularly known as AEPS.