Thursday 10 December 2015

How to get Passport in lieu of expired or lost Passport in India

How to get Passport in lieu of expired or lost Passport in India?

Indian Passport Sewa Kendras allow reissue of new passport in respect of the following situations:
  • Change in existing personal particulars.
  • Validity expired within 3 years or due to expire.
  • Validity expired more than 3 years ago.
  • Exhaustion of pages of Passport.
  • Passport is Damaged or Mutilated.
  • Photograph has undergone change in Appearance.
  • Passport is lost or misplaced.
The procedure is the same as for Issue of Fresh Passport for the First Time. But you have to select the option of Reissue of Lost/Damaged/Expired Passport.

In case you have the original damaged/expired passport then you can surrender the old damaged and expired passport to get the fresh passport issued. However if you have lost the passport then you have to take the following steps before applying for reissue of fresh passport: 

Loss of passport should be immediately reported to the nearest Police Station and to the Passport Office (PO) or Indian Mission, if abroad. Also apply for "Re-issue" of passport at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) and submit the required documents along with your passport application form.

Documents Required for Various Passports including Reissue of Passport:
  1. Visit the Document Advisor Link on Home Page of GOI Passport Site.
  2. Select Fresh Passport or Reissue of Passport as the case may be.
  3. Fill in the information about the applicant.
  4. Click on Continue to get redirected to Next Page.
  5. Select the items as applicable to the applicant
  6. Click on View Required Documents to get the document codes and list of documents
  7. Prepare the Documents required for Proof of Birth or Proof of Address along with Annexures as prescribed.
Caution: However in case of all types of Passports the decision of APO/RPO shall be considered final and the APO/RPO can ask for more documentary evidence.

Note: If you ever held a passport in the past, no matter how much long back or at what age, you should choose the Re-Issue category only. Otherwise concealing the fact can land you in trouble and you can be penalized with fine and/or imprisonment of Both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We have extended our working hours                                Monday to Friday                      9.00 A.M.       to       6.0...